
After landing at Guánica in 1898, the Americans built Fuerte Capron near the Spanish lighthouse, in memory of Captain Allyn K. Capron. Located within the Bosque Seco de Guánica, it was rebuilt in wood by the U.S. Army.

After landing at Guánica in 1898, the Americans built Fuerte Capron near the Spanish lighthouse, in memory of Captain Allyn K. Capron. Located within the Bosque Seco de Guánica, it was rebuilt in wood by the U.S. Army.






